Keep your at-work disaster bag packed and ready to go at or near your work station. If you do not have a dedicated work space, work with your leader to identify a place where you can safely store your items. Pack for 3-4 days at the hospital.
Items to include:
- Your Texas Children’s and/or Baylor badge
- A small overnight bag
- Sleeping bag or linens, blanket and a pillow
- Changes of clothing and underwear, uniforms and shoes
- Sleepwear, earplugs and eye mask
- Personal toiletries, towels and washcloths
- Prescription medications/supplements
- Cash and small change – Employees are strongly urged to bring a 3-4 day supply of non-perishable food and water. The hospital will be unable to feed all of the employees working during the storm. However, limited food options for purchase will be available at each campus. Please talk to leaders at each individual campus to get a list of what is currently open.
- Nonperishable food, special dietary requirements, and snacks
- Bottled water
- Diversional activities (no electronic devices)
- Spare cell phone charger
- List of emergency contacts
Examples of non-perishable food items include:
- Bottled water, Gatorade and juice boxes
- Peanut butter
- Breakfast or energy bars
- Canned foods
- Tuna and packaged meats
- Fruit cups
- Hard candies
Remember refrigeration and access to heating sources may be limited or not available during emergencies!