View a testimonial from Practice Administrator Valdemar Garza about how employees are free to grow at Texas Children’s.
Check out the latest time lapse video capturing a bird’s eye view of construction on Tower E.
Watch ABC-13’s story about the formerly conjoined Mata twins celebrating their second birthday.
Earlier this month, Texas Children’s launched a new Applicant Tracking System (ATS) on our Careers website, texaschildrenspeople.org. Powered by iCims, this advanced technology supports our national recruitment strategies to further identify, recruit and engage the best talent.
The many features of our new ATS enable Texas Children’s to conduct our recruitment processes in a more thoughtful approach that reflects our thought leadership as a premium health care employer. There are also social media components that will further engage prospective candidates, thereby creating and growing a pool of talent for our positions.
Our employees will now also have a more personalized recruitment experience. You can access your personal Careers dashboard via our new ATS Resource Center to search and apply to internal job opportunities. You will no longer have to log into MOLI. As part of the ATS transition, we have also imported your current Careers profile into the new system so there is no set-up required on your end*.
To access your Careers profile,
- Click on the new Careers link under Human Resources on the Texas Children’s Connect homepage
- This will bring you to our new ATS Resource Center. In the Employee section, you will find
- Apply – Your new ATS portal
- This is where you will access your Careers dashboard to update your profile, search job opportunities, and subscribe to news about talent communities that interest you. As long as you are signed into our Texas Children’s network, your login will be automatically authenticated when you click on this function.
- Job Aids
- Here you will find step-by-step instructions to help you learn, navigate, and use the features of our new ATS.
- Apply – Your new ATS portal
To help answer any questions, a Command Center is currently available through Friday, May 6.
Hours of Operation: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Command Center Main Line: 832-824-1146
After Hours Process: For after hours (before 7 a.m. or after 5:30 p.m.) inquires, email the Talent Acquisition ATS mailbox at email@example.com
* Please note that non-Texas Children’s personnel such as contingent and contract workers will need to create a new profile on our Careers website.
Together with Weight Watchers, Texas Children’s is excited to introduce Beyond the Scale, a new program with a holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that encompasses the evolving needs, mindsets and science around weight management. As part of our commitment to your health and wellness, Texas Children’s is subsidizing 50 percent of the program cost.
This new program includes:
- New SmartPoints® plan to make healthy eating simple. The new system delivers weight loss while using the latest nutritional science to go beyond both calories and the previous Weight Watchers PointsPlus system.
- New fitness approach that fits a busy life. Members receive personalized activity goals and have access to the new FitBreak by Weight Watchers™ app.
- Personalized program that serves each member’s lifestyle, goals and challenges. Based on an assessment, members receive daily and weekly SmartPoints targets, personalized activity goals and relevant content designed to help find and fuel inner strength.
To learn more about Beyond the Scale, check out this video.
How to Get Started:
- Register online at https://wellness.weightwatchers.com
- Use the following to login:
- Employer ID #10805693
- Passcode #WW10805693
Interested in hosting Weight Watchers At Work meetings at your location?
Group meetings are available for groups of 15 or more employees at any location. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an interest survey and steps to providing At Work meetings.
We are looking to schedule weekly At Work meetings at the Leopold L. Meyer building. If you would like to participate, please complete this interest survey.
Check out our upcoming Employee Health & Wellness events in May!
Here at Texas Children’s, we lead tirelessly every day at work and home. There are times that even the ordinary demands of life can cause some feelings of unease and stress which may result in mental and physical fatigue or anxiety. The simple act of mindfulness can reduce the negative impact of stress and anxiety by helping us pay attention to our thoughts and feelings in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future.
To support you on your path to mindfulness, Employee Health and Wellness will be offering a variety of activities in May at both Main and West Campuses. These activities include the following – click here for more details.
Weekly educational mindfulness seminars
Learn how to practice mindfulness in everyday activities during the following sessions:
- Mindful Eating
- De-Clutter To Live Your Best Life
- Putting Mindfulness into Practice
- Mindfulness in Daily Life
Practice mindfulness by rebooting, strengthening, and calming your mind and body during this holistic practice. All levels and abilities are welcome.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging one’s feelings, thoughts, and physical state. Mindfulness can be used as a therapeutic technique offering lasting benefits for mental functioning, emotional and physical health, overall well-being, and can be implemented in every aspect of daily living.
The many practical benefits of mindfulness include:
- Enhanced well-being and stress reduction
- Freedom from harmful patterns of thought and emotion
- Increased ability to focus as well as clarity of thinking
- Increased learning capacity, memory, productivity and better communication
To receive Mindful Moment text messages during May, text MINDFULNESS to 882-02. Message and data rates may apply.