October has been designated as National Cyber Security Awareness Month by the National Cyber Security Alliance. Each year, the campaign encourages safe online behavior by educating users on the importance of cyber security and how to be cyber safe.
Texas Children’s activities
We are excited to kick off Security Awareness Month. Your Information Security team at Texas Children’s will share valuable information and resources throughout the month to educate, enable and empower employees to be more cyber aware and secure. Watch for weekly newsletters from Information Security throughout the month. Together, we can be good online citizens and stewards of protected information.
Texas Children’s events
Information Security will have a series of onsite events to increase awareness and share information. Please see locations, dates and times below:
- Tuesday, October 8: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Main Campus (The Auxiliary Bridge)
- Tuesday, October 15: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., The Woodlands Campus (Donor Wall)
- Tuesday, October 22: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., West Campus (first-floor main entrance)
- Thursday, October 24: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Texas Children’s Health Plan (WLS_ninth-floor conference room_NE924)
- Friday, October 25: TBD, Cyber Security Escape Room [Feigin Tower_FC 6 IS (C.0650.46)]