As part of our commitment to our employees’ health and well-being, Texas Children’s is excited to announce the opening of an Employee Medical Clinic at West Campus.
When will clinical services be available?
Beginning Wednesday, March 1, employees at West Campus, as well as in nearby Texas Children’s Pediatrics practices, can access clinical services on the first and third Wednesday of each month. To provide convenient access, the medical clinic will share office space with the Employee Health Clinic located on the second floor of West Campus. Hours of operations will be from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. While scheduled appointments are preferred, walk-in patients will be worked into the schedule based on availability.
What services can I receive?
Dr. Irene M. Lomeda, from our clinic in the Texas Medical Center, will be the physician on-site. In addition to primary and urgent care services, the following services will also be offered:
- Annual physicals/well-woman/well-men exams
- Rapid strep, flu, glucose, urinalysis, and pregnancy testing
- Chronic disease management for conditions such as diabetes and heart disease
- Phone consultations (for established patients) for treatment of non-emergency medical issues
- Vaccinations (meningococcal, papilloma virus, pneumococcal and shingles)
- Travel medicine (limited)
- Health Coaching program
Employees enrolled in Texas Children’s medical insurance plans will have a $10 co-pay per visit. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us; your information will be secure via confidential electronic medical records, which is hosted externally.
To learn more about the services offered at the new Employee Medical Clinic at West Campus, please click here.