Several faculty members from Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers received Baylor College of Medicine awards and recognitions this year for their contributions to advancing the field.
This year’s honorees included:
- Dr. Ricky Flores received the Clark Faculty Service Award
- Drs. Ghadir Sasa and Jeremy Slone received the Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award for Teaching and Evaluation
- Dr. Raj Venkatramani received the Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award for Enduring Educational Materials
- Dr. Mary Shapiro received Early Career Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care
- Drs. Rodrigo Erana, Kala Kamdar, Caridad Martinez, Surya Rednam, and Amber Yates received the STAR Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care
- Drs. Juan Carlos Bernini, Murali Chintagumpala, ZoAnn Dreyer, Donald Mahoney, Kenneth McClain received the Master Clinician Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care.
Other faculty received the following recognitions:
- Dr. Nader El-Mallawany received the teaching award from graduating pediatric residents at TCH/BCM.
- Dr. Valeria Smith was selected as a BCM Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (CTAPS) facilitator for academic year 2020-2021.
- Dr. Khaled Sanber, Baylor resident in Internal Medicine MeRIT program, mentored by Meena Hegde, received Early Stage Professional Abstract Award by the International Society of Cell and Gene Therapy (ISCT), Modulating negative receptor signals to improve anti-glioblastoma CAR T-cell therapy. Sanber is one of the three recipients of this award announced at the 2020 ISCT Annual Meeting.