Have you ever wanted the opportunity to share your perceptions about what it’s like to work at Texas Children’s? Have you ever wanted to share your candid thoughts and ideas about how we can be more efficient and effective as an organization?
If you answered yes, now is your chance to do so in a safe and confidential way. As part of Texas Children’s commitment to open dialogue with employees, we have launched the new Your Texas Children’s Experience survey to provide constructive feedback that will help us formally measure our performance, identify gaps and effectively plan/improve through this process.
“Your voice matters here at Texas Children’s,” said President and CEO Mark A. Wallace. “Recently, I have heard from some of you about concerns and challenges, and today, I want to hear from all of you through Your Texas Children’s Experience survey.”
Administered by Press Ganey from May 18 to Sunday, May 31, Your Texas Children’s Experience survey is confidential, anonymous and takes about 10 minutes to complete. To access the survey, refer to the personalized email with login information you have received from Press Ganey. If you did not get an email or want more information about the survey, contact Press Ganey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-849-2292, option 1.
Since 2003, the engagement survey has been a powerful way to measure how our organization has been upholding our core values. The survey also has served as a catalyst to affect positive changes around such issues as time off, attendance, holidays, benefit plans, the relocation of Employee Health to Main Campus and the addition of the Employee Medical Clinic.
Texas Children’s is aiming to meet or beat our last survey response rate of 83 percent for employees and 45 percent for physicians. Although your participation is voluntary, it is your opportunity to share your honest perceptions about how our organization is performing and positively impacting our culture as well as the experiences of your coworkers and our patient families.
“Response rates for previous surveys have shown that many of you do want to be heard and believe that getting involved is the right thing to do,” Wallace said. “In doing so, you are directly impacting the health of our Texas Children’s culture and our future.”
For more information regarding Your Texas Children’s Experience survey, we have included a brief overview for your reference. In addition, here are some helpful hints and reminders when taking the survey online:
- The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete and is accessible via any computer with internet access
- The survey is confidential and anonymous and is administered and analyzed solely by Press Ganey
- (Rule of 5) applies – This means that results for work units with fewer than five responses will be rolled up to the next level leader or integrated into a larger work unit
- Review the Definition of Terms on the instruction page
- Click Confidentiality Pledge in the top right corner to review the Press Ganey’s Pledge of Confidentiality
- Do NOT use forward & back navigation buttons in your browser; navigate using buttons on each screen of the survey (Back, Save Page & Continue)
- Review Answers before you submit your final answers
- Results are not final until you click Save Page & Continue after the close ended questions
- Open-ended comments are transcribed and themed by Press Ganey