More than a dozen Texas Children’s clinicians, who are also in academic roles at Baylor College of Medicine, were recently honored with the college’s Women of Excellence Award.
The award is one of the highest educational honors made by the college, highlighting individuals who demonstrate extraordinary dedication to issues that affect women at Baylor College of Medicine, or in their larger community.
The award also recognizes meritorious academic accomplishments, commitment to the mission and vision of Baylor, as well as direct teaching and evaluation, educational leadership, development of enduring educational materials and educational research.
“Congratulations on your outstanding accomplishment and we wish you many years of continued success,” said Dr. Toi Blakely, Associate Provost of Institutional Diversity, Inclusion and Equity & Student Services, and Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Pediatrics and Family and Community. ”Baylor College of Medicine is truly fortunate to have such outstanding role models dedicated to addressing issues affecting women at Baylor and the larger community through our mission and core values. Thank you for all you do.”
The following Texas Children’s clinicians received the Women of Excellence Award at a March 28 ceremony featuring remarks by Dr. Hannah Valentine, the Chief Officer for Scientific Workforce Diversity at the National Institutes of Health. For a complete list of award winners, click here.
- Dr. Nishath Ali, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Susan Blaney, Cancer and Hematology Centers
- Dr. Catherine Eppes, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Elaine Fielder, Emergency Medicine
- Dr. Karin Fox, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Erica Giwa, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Charleta Guillory, Neonatology
- Dr. Jill Ann Jarrell, Palliative Care
- Dr. Karen Johnson, Neonatology
- Dr. Lakshmi Katakam, Neonatal Intensive Care
- Dr. Katherine Leaming-Van Zandt, Emergency Medicine
- Dr. Krithika Lingappan, Neonatal Intensive Care
- Dr. Jenelle Little, Neonatology
- Dr. Shreya Sheth, Cardiology
- Dr. Sara Kristen Sexson Tejtel, Department of Pediatrics
- Dr. Sandhya Sara Thomas, Nephrology