Based on the increasing incidence of respiratory illness, effective at 6 a.m. Thursday, October 15, Texas Children’s Hospital is instituting new visitation restrictions for the inpatient units and critical care areas. The restrictions are as follows:
Inpatient areas to include Main Campus, the West Campus and the Pavilion for Women
- Children 12 years of age and under, must be a sibling or child in the same household as the patient.
- Children 12 years of age and under will not be allowed in any common inpatient areas to include activity rooms and playrooms. This restriction does not apply to outpatient areas and waiting areas.
- All visitors, regardless of age, will be screened daily and ill visitors will be encouraged to leave the hospital until fully recovered.
Critical care areas to include CVICU, PICU at Main Campus and the West Campus, PCU, BMT, 15WT and the Newborn Center
- Children 12 years of age and under, including siblings, are not allowed to visit until further notice
- All visitors, regardless of age, will be screened daily and ill visitors will be encouraged to leave the hospital until fully recovered
This information has been communicated to all current inpatients and will be communicated at the time of admission going forward. Visitor stickers will continue to be available through Nursing Operations. Emergency Center families will also be informed about inpatient visitation guidelines in the event that their child is admitted to the hospital.
Please contact Family Advocacy at Ext. 4-1919 if you need additional information.