- Box accounts are being replaced by OneDrive for Business accounts.
- Any data currently stored using Box will be migrated to a new OneDrive account.
What does this mean to you?
As an active Box user, it means any files you stored in Box will be accessible to you through your new OneDrive account. Like Box, OneDrive will let you access your files using a web browser from any location. Learn more about OneDrive!
Why are we switching from Box to OneDrive?
Texas Children’s has chosen to replace Box with OneDrive for Business, a new Office 365 cloud solution for sharing, collaborating and storing work files and documents.
What can I expect during the migration?
If you have data stored using your Box account, expect the following steps from the migration to OneDrive:
- Before the migration
- IS will alert you with a specific schedule before moving your data from Box to OneDrive.
- During the migration
- Your account and data will be inaccessible until migration is complete.
- After the migration
- Your files stored in Box will be accessible to you through your new OneDrive account.
- You must manually re-share existing links to current recipients.
Information Services is dedicated to providing a secure, reliable technology environment. We appreciate your support.