In the spirit of living compassionately for our growing workforce, Texas Children’s entered into a partnership with ComPsych in January to launch EAP Plus, an enhanced Employee Assistance Program that offers a wide variety of new services in addition to traditional counseling. In the first three months of the new service, more than 2,000 employees utilized EAP Plus services. This service has been a valuable asset to our employees and is now available to physicians and advanced practitioners in medical staffing working at Texas Children’s locations.
How can EAP Plus help?
Suppose you want to find the perfect amusement park for your vacation. Simply call EAP Plus on Texas Children’s dedicated phone line to connect with resource specialists who will listen to your questions and research answers tailor-made to your needs. Within a few business days, you’ll have a full report of practical information and affordable alternatives that can be delivered to you via e-mail, fax or second-day air.
There is virtually no limit to what the EAP Plus specialists can research and find for you:
- Temporary child care
- Summer camps for sports, theater, computing or any other interest
- Volunteer opportunities
- College summer learning programs for teens
- Amusement parks or resorts in your area or across the county
- Museums, science centers, zoos and aquariums your kids will love
- Kid-friendly destinations across the U.S. and the globe
- Concerts or exhibits coming to your area
- The best hiking trails in your area for little legs
- National Parks highlights
- Kayaking and canoeing outfitters
- The cleanest beaches with the safest waters
- Considerations when traveling abroad with children
- Country-specific resources for your overseas voyage
- Minivan or car rental options
- Pet care and boarding services
- Fun and creative projects you can do at home
- Ideas for outdoor grilling
- Tips on growing your own vegetable garden
- Bike sales and repairs, and more
No matter what you need to pull off the perfect summer, you can count on EAP Plus for information, resources and referrals. Confidential assistance is available at no cost 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for work-life planning and more. Click here to check out family travel tips from EAP Plus, including advice for traveling on a budget, surviving a road trip with the kids, packing up the pets, adjusting to work after returning from vacation and more.
How can I access my EAP Plus benefits?
Access your EAP Plus benefits in one of two ways:
- By calling 833.EAP.PLUS (833-327-7587) to connect with a certified counselor 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Representantes que hablan Español están disponibles.
- By visiting EAP Plus online at http://www.guidanceresources.com/
Employees should then click “register” and enter EAPPLUS as the Organization Web ID.
What can an employee expect when they call EAP Plus?
When an employee calls, they will speak with a GuidanceConsultant, a masters- or doctorate-level counselor who will collect some general information and listen to the employee’s concerns. The GuidanceConsultant will then provide a referral to a local counselor who best fits the employee’s unique needs. The employee can then set up an appointment to speak with the counselor over the phone or schedule a face-to-face visit. EAP Plus is strictly confidential.
What counseling services will EAP Plus provide?
EAP Plus provides free short-term counseling with local counselors who can help employees with emotional concerns. If the counselor determines that the issues can be resolved with short-term counseling, the employee will receive counseling through EAP Plus. However, if it is determined that the problem cannot be resolved in short-term counseling, and longer-term treatment is needed, the employee will be referred to a specialist early on, and the employee’s insurance coverage will be activated.