Texas Children’s Hospital is hosting the Cardiac Neurodevelopmental Outcome Collaborative (CNOC) 9th Annual Virtual Scientific Sessions November 18-20.
This first of its kind experience for CNOC will explore cutting-edge science, clinical paradigms, quality improvement, and educational opportunities in the field of cardiac neurodevelopment. The event will present an exciting and diverse program of multi-national and multidisciplinary faculty experts who work with, or care for, children with heart disease and their families, with a focus on improving neurodevelopmental and psychosocial outcomes.
Virtual conference highlights include:
- Sessions dedicated to envisioning our future and how we can get there together, with TED-style talks from an international and multidisciplinary panel of experts,
- Launch of the CNOC Neurodevelopmental Evaluation Strategies for Children with Cardiac Disease, showcasing assessment strategies for children aged 0 to 5 years, and children and young people aged 6 to 18 years,
- For the first time in CNOC’s history, a joint session with Mended Little Hearts supporting parent and patient champions in promoting developmental outcomes,
- Science posters and abstracts submitted to the meeting, including oral presentation of the best submitted abstract,
- Sessions on novel psychosocial intervention opportunities and how best to leverage developmental care partnerships,
- The latest on how to support developmental outcomes during the surgical and perioperative period,
- Recommendations on neurodevelopmental care in a telemedicine world from the CNOC Telehealth Taskforce, and
- This year’s Newburger-Bellinger Award Winner – Dr. Caren Goldberg will be officially named.
For more information about or to register for this event, please click here.