Garage 21 under the Pavilion for Women and Legacy Tower will undergo enhancement to create garage elevator lobbies for Legacy Tower, improve traffic flow and wayfinding, and increase public parking capacity in preparation for the opening of Legacy Tower in May 2018.
Areas currently secured and “nested” on levels B2 and B3 will be opened for increased public parking for our patients, families and visitors. Additional reserved parking spaces will be designated for key leaders and physicians.
Level B4 Legacy Tower
- The parking area near B4 south elevators was closed on December 11 to accommodate construction work related to the Legacy Tower.
- Garage 21 users are encouraged to park near the north elevator area on Level B4.
- The parking area near B4 south elevators will re-open early 2018.
- Flyers have been posted on B4 and in garage elevator cabs to alert people about the temporary parking closure.
Garage 21 projected schedule
Levels B4 through B2 will undergo these improvements based on the projected schedule below. Changes to the schedule will be communicated as time progresses.
Alternating sections of Garage 21 will be closed through April 2018 due to construction.
- Level B4 Pavilion side (January 8 to January 26)
- Level B3 Legacy Tower side (January 29 to February 16)
- Level B3 Pavilion side (February 19 to March 9)
- Level B2 Legacy Tower side (March 12 to March 30)
- Level B2 Pavilion side (April 2 to April 20)
Employees are encouraged not to park in these sections during the construction time frames. If you are trapped in a construction area, contact Texas Children’s Hospital Security at ext. 4-5400.