An important part of the Texas Children’s Corporate Compliance Program and our commitment to integrity is ensuring that we avoid and manage potential conflicts of interest, or the appearance of such conflicts, in our decision-making.
In an effort to improve and streamline the Texas Children’s Disclosure of Outside Interests process, the Compliance and Privacy Office is launching a new electronic questionnaire that will simplify the disclosure process. The web-based questionnaire will make it easier for workforce members to quickly disclose relevant information so that Texas Children’s can identify and manage potential conflicts of interest.
If you are required under Texas Children’s policy to disclose your outside interests, you will soon receive an email that contains a link to the new questionnaire. Please be on the lookout.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is required to complete the questionnaire?
Texas Children’s requires the following workforce members to complete the questionnaire on an annual basis or when a potential conflict of interest arises:
Texas Children’s Leadership
Executives, Directors, Assistant Directors and Managers
Employed by any Texas Children’s entity
Baylor College of Medicine Faculty
On the Texas Children’s Medical Staff
Who perform or are involved in research at Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Workforce Members (including Baylor College of Medicine employees)
Involved or responsible for any of the following activities, individually or through committee participation:
— Negotiation of contracts on behalf of any Texas Children’s entity, or
— Vendor selection for products, goods, services or investments purchased or used by any Texas Children’s entity;
Perform or are involved in research at Texas Children’s
Activities outside of Texas Children’s may influence or have the appearance of influencing their Institutional Responsibilities (e.g., outside employment or consulting work)
Other members of the Texas Children’s workforce, at leadership’s discretion
What information do I need to disclose?
The questionnaire will ask nine simple YES or NO questions. If you select “Yes” for any of the questions, you will receive follow-up questions in order to provide more detail. If you select “No,” you will move on to the next question.
- Expert witness services
- Lectures and speaking engagements
- Sponsored travel
- Gifts, meals, and entertainment provided by industry
- Intellectual property rights
- Ownership interests and board membership
- Consulting and outside employment
- The Texas Children’s Compliance and Privacy Office is launching a new electronic questionnaire that will simplify and streamline the Disclosure of Outside Interest process.
- If you are required under Texas Children’s policy to disclose your outside interests, you will receive an email with a link to the questionnaire. You may access the questionnaire from any location using your Texas Children’s login and password.
- You will be asked a series of simple yes or no questions. If you answer “yes” to any question, you will be asked a series of follow-up questions so that you may provide more detail.
If you have questions about the Disclosure of Outside Interests Process, please contact the Compliance and Privacy Office at 832-824-2085 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.