Most Texas Children’s Hospital telephone service at all locations will be unavailable from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday, March 2, for maintenance.
What does this mean to you?
- Red emergency phones will be available, and the hospital’s Disaster Routing Service will be activated.
- Other available communication services include:
- Beeper paging through 713-605-8989
- Hospital page operator “0” can be dialed from any red phone to reach the page operator
- IRM paging system will be available through page operators for normal hospital groups such as Inpatient Code Team, Transport Team, CARLA Teams and Pyros
- Voalte-to-Voalte phone communication
- No other phone-related services, including Spectralink, will be available until maintenance is completed.
What should you do?
- All departments should implement standard downtime procedures during this outage.
- If your SpectraLink handset displays “system unavailable” or “no PBX” after service resumes, turn the phone off and back on, and the error will clear.
- Call Center Agents will have to log back into the telephone after service is restored to receive calls.
Information Services is dedicated to providing a secure, reliable technology environment, and will provide the following support resources:
- Before the outage – call the IS Service Desk at Ext. 4-3512
- During the outage – call the IS Service Desk from a red emergency phone by dialing Ext. 5332.