The 2016 Annual Required Training (ART) course is available in HealthStream through Friday, September 30. All Texas Children’s employees, contractors and volunteers, unless noted as an exception below, will have until September 30, or earlier at the discretion of their leader, to complete the course to satisfy Texas Children’s compliance requirements. The completion goal is 100 percent across the organization.
What is the purpose of ART?
Joint Commission and OSHA require that staff renew their knowledge on an annual basis regarding key components such as: Patient Safety, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hand Hygiene, Diversity and several other important topics. Texas Children’s, in keeping with HIPAA guidelines, also requires staff to review their knowledge regarding Privacy, Compliance, and Information Security to ensure that Texas Children’s continues to sustain a safe and ethical environment in which to work and receive care.
Who is exempt from ART?
All workforce members are required to complete ART except for:
- Texas Children’s new employees (including Texas Children’s physicians) who were hired after January 1, 2016.
- Baylor physicians, physician fellows and residents, dentists, podiatrists and psychologists not employed by Texas Children’s.
To access the course follow the steps below:
- Click on the ‘ART/Learning Academy/HealthStream’ link on the Connect homepage under the ‘Quick Links’ heading.
- Log in to HealthStream.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ box.
- On the ‘To Do’ tab find and click on the course title:
- TCH 2016 Annual Required Training
- TCP/TCUC 2016 Annual Required Training
- Click on the ‘Enroll’ link to launch the course.
If you have problems logging in to the system or experience problems with HealthStream, contact the IS Service Desk at Ext. 4-3512 (option 2).