The 2015 Annual Required Training (ART) course is live in HealthStream until Wednesday, September 30. All employees, contractors, volunteers, etc. will have until September 30, or earlier at the discretion of their leader, to complete the course to satisfy ART requirements. The completion goal is 100 percent across the organization.
What is the purpose of ART?
Joint Commission and OSHA require that staff renew their knowledge on an annual basis regarding key components such as: Patient Safety, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hand Hygiene, Diversity and several other important topics. Texas Children’s, in keeping with HIPAA guidelines, also requires staff to review their knowledge regarding Privacy, Compliance, and Information Security to ensure that Texas Children’s continues to sustain a safe and ethical environment in which to work and receive care.
Who is exempt from ART?
All workforce members are required to complete ART except for:
- Texas Children’s new employees (including Texas Children’s physicians) who were hired after January 1, 2015.
- Physicians, residents, fellows, dentists, podiatrists and licensed Ph.D. Psychologists not employed by Texas Children’s.
How are we doing so far?
- To access the course follow the steps below:
- Click on the ‘Annual Required Training / HealthStream’ link on the Connect homepage under the ‘Quick Links’ heading.
- Log-in to HealthStream.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ box.
- Click on the ‘My Learning’ tab.
- Find and click on the course title:
- TCH 2015 Annual Required Training
- TCP 2015 Annual Required Training
- There are three learning activities that must be completed: online module, test, acknowledgement. Click the first activity listed to start the online course.
- Click on the ‘Launch the Course’ link to start the online module.