Facilities Operations has launched a staff hotline to assist with noise or other construction-related issues that impact patient care. Any staff member who has concerns related to construction and the impact it is having on patient care can contact the hotline at Ext. 4-5000 and request a facilities operations manager to come on site to assess the situation. The facilities operations manager will determine if the construction/noise should be halted.
Examples of when to use this process include:
- When noise is so loud it is impacting the wellbeing of the patient
- When a patient is going through end-of-life care and the noise is impacting their experience
- When the dust is causing respiratory or other issues
This hotline is available 24/7. Staff members contacting Facilities Operation (Ext. 4-5000) should have the following information available:
- Name of staff member reporting concern
- Call back number and an alternate contact person/number in the event staff member is not available
- Location of noise (building/unit)
- Description of noise (hammering, items moving, drilling, banging, etc.)
- How long has the noise been going on? (Past week, today only, etc.). If it has been ongoing, how is the noise different today?
- Where does the noise seem to be coming from?
- Is the noise constant or sporadic?
- What impact is it currently having on patient care?
This hotline is for staff use only, however, if a patient or family member complains, the staff member can contact the hotline if the staff member feels the concern warrants a need to make changes. The staff member should then contact Family Advocacy and inform them of the patient/family concerns.
Family Advocacy will be the liaison between Facility Operations and the patient/family. If the staff member does not feel that the degree of noise warrants construction to be halted, the staff member should contact Family Advocacy (Ext. 4-1919) to inform them of the family’s concern. Family Advocacy will follow up with the family to ensure proper communication has been provided.