It’s time to spread the love. Many who spend Valentine’s Day with us don’t get to be part of their school’s Valentine’s Day celebrations and miss out on the opportunity to exchange Valentine’s with other kids their age. That’s where you come in.
Texas Children’s Patient Activities Team makes sure these kids get to celebrate the holiday. The team is sponsoring a Valentine’s Day card drive through Wednesday, February 8. This year’s drive is only a week long, and only handmade cards are being accepted, so make sure you don’t miss this opportunity to bring smiles to the faces of our patients.
Making your own cards may be fun and creative, but please note these guidelines:
- Use bond paper and non-toxic markers, crayons or water-based paints only.
- Draw with stencils or decorate with stickers.
- Do not glue solid items on the cards.
- Do not use glitter or glitter glue.
- Do not include anything edible on or with the cards.
- Do not include any religious messages.
- Do not specify gender, name or ethnicity.
- Please do not include any patient names, religious statements or get well messages on the cards.
The cards will be delivered to patients on inpatient floors from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, February 14. Bags will be stuffed at 2 p.m. on Thursday, February 9. To volunteer for stuffing or card delivery, email Irma Vargas.
Signed Valentine’s Day cards can be placed in collection boxes at the following locations through Wednesday, February 8.
- West Tower, third-floor information desk
- West Tower, first-floor lobby information desk
- Clinical Care Tower, first-floor lobby information desk