Information Services (IS) provides technology equipment, service and support to all areas of Texas Children’s. We are dedicated to providing a secure, reliable technology environment at Texas Children’s, and invite you to take advantage of the many available support resources listed below:
IS Information Resources
- Texas Children’s Technology and You – an in-person class that provides a solid overview of technology tools and resources for new hires and those wanting to learn more. You are invited to register for the class and find out how to make technology work for you!
- IS Customer Support Portal – the helpful online resource to:
Find and Display a Service Ticket – customers can look up open service tickets with or without the ticket number
Check Ticket Status – customers can view the latest status of an incident or change order without calling the IS Service Desk or the 4-EPIC Help Desk
Add a Comment – a new customer comment section allows you to communicate directly with the analyst working your ticket
Find the Portal – beginning Tuesday, June 24, the portal will be added to your ‘Favorites’ in your Internet Explorer web browser
- IS Service Desk – the 24X7 resource for technology questions and requests (note: for issues involving the Epic electronic medical record system, see 4-EPIC below). Features true single point-of-contact support – no more guessing who to call. Phone Ext. 4-3512 (external 832-824-3512) or email email@example.com
- 4-EPIC – the 24X7 resource for questions and issues regarding Texas Children’s Epic electronic medical record system. Contact 4-EPIC at Ext. 4-3742 (external 832-824-3742)
- IS Department site – it’s a handy location for technology tips & tricks, announcements, the latest news and more
- IS Technology News – the monthly e-newsletter that delivers helpful technology information directly to your email inbox – read about the latest technology programs, tips and resources, or view past editions at the Technology News Connect site!
- Connect – Information Services posts timely announcements on the Texas Children’s Connect intranet site
- Password Reset – a cool tool that lets you reset a forgotten password without calling the Service Desk. Click the link above to register first and you’ll never be locked out
- Connect Profile – make it easier for colleagues to find you by personalizing your basic contact data with a variety of additional information or even a photo!