Epic version 2015 will debut Sunday, June 12, with 774 new functions and features to advance clinical technology and support.
How do I stay in the loop?
- TCH Yammer
- Epic Upgrade Group
- Epic Ecosystem Hub
- Epic Workgroup leads
- Epic Physician liaisons
Demo functions & features
Check out new Epic features at Tech Expos scheduled:
- West Campus – May 17
- Main Campus – May 18, 19
- Downtime to prep Epic
- Sunday, April 17
- 1 a.m. to 3 a.m.
- System “freezes”
- Limits system changes
- Stabilizes environment to optimize outcomes
System freeze schedule
In preparation for a new version of the Epic EHS, Information Services will put Texas Children’s network through a series of more progressive system “freezes” leading up to implementation on Sunday, June 12. The goal is to stabilize the system and reduce the chance that anything interferes with a successful go-live.
- Epic build migration soft freeze: 3 weeks prior to go live through go live. Emergency migrations within Epic environments will require IS Director approval. Duration: May 23 – June 6, 2016.
- Epic build migration hard freeze: 1 week prior to go live through go live. No migrations will be allowed within Epic environments. Requests for migrations will be presented to CTC and escalated to CSI as appropriate. If approved, it will require halting the upgrade and determining a new go live date. Duration: June 6 – June 12, 2016. (1 week)
- IS hard freeze: 2 weeks prior and 1 week post Epic upgrade go live. All change requests will be considered emergencies and reviewed by IS Directors. Duration: May 30 – June 19, 2016. Keeping our ecosystem stable during this time is key to having minimal impact from the upgrade.
- Pharmacy build migration freeze: In preparation for the Epic 2015 upgrade, the Pharmacy Willow application will be on a build freeze starting Monday, May 9.
If you have questions about the upcoming Epic upgrade, please contact the Epic Help Desk at Ext. 4-EPIC (4-3742; external 832-824-3742).